Manage My I-PASS Account

Keep Funds in I-PASS Account Register All Vehicle Information I-PASS Account History Reports Close Your I-PASS Account  

Got it.
Did you receive a new credit card?

Don't forget to update it on your I-PASS account.

Drive on the Tollway knowing your information is up-to-date and your account is in good standing.



Update your account, review transactions, check your balance and add funds using our online account management site.

Keep Funds in Your I-PASS Account

Automatic Balance Replenishment

Customers can enroll in the Automatic Balance Replenishment Program. This program preauthorizes the Tollway to charge a credit or debit card (minimum $20) each time the I-PASS balance drops below the minimum balance threshold. Customers also may choose to add funds to their account manually.

Manual Balance Replenishment

Account balances can be manually replenished by:

The Tollway accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards for both automatic and manual replenishments.

Checks, cash or I-PASS gift cards can also be used for manual replenishments.

Checks or money orders should be made payable to the Illinois Tollway and addressed to:

I-PASS Replenish
P.O. Box 5544
Chicago, IL 60680-5544

Call 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277) to speak with a customer service representative. 

I-PASS Gift Cards are available at Jewel-Osco stores, six Road Ranger locations and Tollway Customer Service Centers. Please refer to the Customer Service page for more information. 

Shared Balance

Shared Balance allows customers with multiple I-PASS transponders on one account to share the funds from one account balance. Convenient for families and businesses, Shared Balance does not require each I-PASS transponder to maintain its own balance; rather, all transponders draw from the same, single prepaid account balance. Customers with heavy toll usage should increase their replenishment level to avoid frequent credit card charges. The replenishment amount can be set by accessing your account online or by calling 800-UC-IPASS (800-824-7277).

If multiple vehicles are sharing a single transponder, you must register each vehicle to the I-PASS account. Use online account management to add a vehicle now.

With a shared balance account, multiple transponders are listed on one account drawing funds from a common balance. This means each transponder does not need to maintain a separate balance.

All About Vtolls

Occasionally tolls do not post to your account at the time of the transaction. This happens because the transponder signal was not read. Transponder signals are not read because of a missing, improperly mounted or an inactive transponder. These transactions are digitally recorded (a photo of the license plate), and we then try to match those digital recordings to the license plate on your I-PASS account. If a match between the image and the license plate on your I-PASS account is successful, the toll is then posted to your account. This match is attempted as a courtesy to help I-PASS customers avoid violations. These digitally recorded tolls are referred to as Vtolls.

You will see "Vtoll" appear next to the transaction when you review your I-PASS transponder summary.
Review your I-PASS account transactions.

To keep your I-PASS account in good standing:

  • Register all vehicles and license plates that use the I-PASS transponder
  • Properly mount your I-PASS transponder
  • Always drive with your I-PASS transponder in your vehicle
  • Periodically review account transactions to ensure that your transponder is functioning

All About Ttolls

A "Ttoll" occurs when a signal from your I-PASS transponder is read, but no toll is collected because there are insufficient funds in your account at the time of the transaction. Funds must be added to your account within seven days of this transaction in order to avoid a violation. If funds are added within the necessary timeframe, a "Ttoll" transaction will be posted to your account, otherwise, this unpaid transaction is recorded as a violation. 

Register All Vehicle Information to Your I-PASS Account

You must register all vehicles using the transponder to the I-PASS account. Be sure to specify license plate type for all vehicles authorized to use the transponder.

An unregistered vehicle is subject to a violation and fine if the toll transaction is unsuccessful in an I-PASS lane.

Your license plate type and license plate number are required to connect your I-PASS transponder to your account. Registering this information reduces the risk of incurring violations.

Be aware that the I-PASS account holder will be responsible for any and all license plates tied to their account. Any outstanding violations associated to these plates will become part of the I-PASS account holder's responsibility and could cause the I-PASS account to be suspended.

Log in to your account now or visit the customer service page for more information about how to update your account.

[Back to Top]

Generate I-PASS Account History Reports

I-PASS users can generate account history reports such as monthly or quarterly statements and year-end reports. These reports assist in the preparation of tax documentation and expense reports. Access the printable instructions detailing I-PASS account statements to learn more.

Log in to your I-PASS account to generate an account history report. 

[Back to Top]

Closing Your I-PASS Account

You can close your account in person at a Customer Service Center or by certified mail. If mailing, send your transponder, wrapped in foil, with a letter requesting that the I-PASS account be closed. The letter also should include your return address. Your balance and deposit will be refunded within 45 days of receipt of the request, provided the transponder is returned in good condition. If a transponder has been painted, designed or tampered with, the deposit will be forfeited.

If closing your account by certified mail, send transponder to:I-PASS Fulfillment Center
P.O. Box 806518
Chicago, IL 60680

If you opened your I-PASS account with cash or a check, a refund check for the remaining account balance will be mailed to the address indicated in the letter. If you opened your account with a credit or debit card, the credit or debit card registered on the account will be credited. If that is unsuccessful, a refund check will be issued.

*If a customer does not want to return their transponder(s), They need to notify the Customer Service Center. Their deposit will be forfeited.

NOTE: All I-PASS account holders must view their I-PASS Agreement. By using your transponder, you agree to the terms outlined in this document. If you cannot access the online version and need a printed copy, please call 1-800-UC-IPASS (1-800-824-7277).

[Back to Top ]